Friday 4 January 2008

Diary?



I'm starting to see this blog as the perfect Diary/ journal substitute - there is a real ease to it. Really lends itself to immediacy...

Anyway I've got the lergy! Euch! The winter vommitting virus has hit England and I hear that 50 hospitals have had to shut wards to contain it. It's nothing sinister really (well that's what they're telling us to stop any hysteria)! Whichever, I'm making the most of being bed bound and have my laptop near me to reach for between bouts of nausea! It's really rather cosy and I have had plenty of time to think today which is such a luxury :-)

One thing I was thinking about was how at Christmas we tend to write lists. Why not do it all through the year like seem to have the urge to do! I've decided to keep all my lists this year and tick everything off as I go to keep me motivated. I've started small with a dinky handmade book (see http://www.buyhandmade.org/!) I bought from a print making designer boyfriend of a friend called Anthony Zinonos (great name!) It struck me as perfect because it actually contains snaps shots of lists (inc. indexes and key lists from lots of exciting sources like wood work books etc...) It's also pleasingly retro which always gets me going! Already contains two of my lists and it's also a handy reminder for letter writing, most especially to the Majestic Dave Grinstead, prolific and talented Illustrator friend of mine (promise I haven't forgotten you!) which I always mean to write and illustrate to, but always don't get the time because of grand plans to make decorative envelopes and paper etc!!! I must think simpler! A letter is always a treat whatever form it comes in ...so no more putting it off till I get a printing press!! In the meantime, here's some pictures of my Book of Lists...

2 comments:

gemma correll said...

hehe, my boyfriend DOES have a nice name.

Treet said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing! Loving your blog, by the way.:)